Innovation in nano coating technology based on advancements in material science, process automation, and coating equipment extend the number of IP assets to over 370
RALEIGH, N.C.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#CoatingEquipment—HZO, a global leader in delivering world-class protective nano coatings that safeguard electronics from the most demanding corrosive and liquid environments revealed that significant investments in R&D have resulted in the 22 patents and patent-pending filings throughout multiple jurisdictions including the US, China, and Europe.
Innovations introduced in the patent and patent-pending process by HZO include:
- Advancements in the process of precursor materials, which are utilized in the application of protective coating, improving the quality of proprietary thin-film and nano coatings.
- Adaptation of multi-layered coating applications, redefining the level of waterproof protection that can be achieved.
- Expansion in the use of plasma ashing, a leading-edge process using various gases to remove materials from electronic circuitry without causing any damage to the underlying components.
- Breakthroughs in masking, a procedure designed to protect select components of a printed circuit board. These changes will improve throughput, quality, and save customers costs relating to masking material and labor.
- Strengthening the level of thin-film and nano coating adhesion to components that receive protection.
- Application of laser technology for better material management and product re-workability.
The acquisition and pursuit of innovations align with HZO’s mission to maintain its leadership position in nano and thin-film coatings. Expansion of the IP portfolio enhances HZO’s Spectrum of Protection™ solutions, allowing it to meet the most demanding challenges in markets that include Consumer Electronics, IoT, Industrial, Automotive, and Medical Devices.
“Our formidable investment in R&D allows us to push the envelope on new possibilities and customer deliverables and speaks to our commitment to deliver scalable, repeatable results for our top-tier customers,” said Zsolt Pulai, Executive Vice President of Engineering & Technology. “In a world where electronics are getting smaller, and our dependency on devices has never been greater, HZO is pioneering the next generation of waterproofing.”
These acquired patent and patent-pending additions to HZO’s current IP collection brings the total count of intellectual property assets to more than 370.
To learn more about HZO, visit hzo.com.
About HZO Inc.
HZO is a global leader in delivering world-class protective nano coatings that safeguard electronics from the most demanding corrosive and liquid environments. The company brings together people, process, capital equipment, and material science; leveraging an extensive patent portfolio to create unique solutions to meet specific customer requirements. Working with some of the largest companies across industries including consumer electronics, IoT, medical device and automotive, HZO delivers a better, more reliable, and more durable water-resistant and waterproof product that reduces costly returns, improves customer satisfaction and drives overall brand value. For additional information on HZO, visit www.hzo.com.