DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Southeast Asia and Chinese Taipei Mobile Games Report & Five Year Forecast” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Southeast Asia and Chinese Taipei mobile games market is booming, representing a lucrative opportunity for mobile developers and publishers. Huge numbers of avid gamers, lower user acquisition costs, the prevalence of the English language, and a relatively open market for new entrants all make the region very attractive. Improvements in internet infrastructure as well as disposable income, coupled with demand for esports games, tournaments, streaming, and more, have set the stage for continued growth in the next 5 years. However, each country’s different culture, gamer preferences, and spending behaviors means there is no one size fits all approach to the region. One particular differentiator with the West is the mobile app distribution system, which is broader than just Google Play and the Apple App Store. Further, while the regulatory landscape is more relaxed than China, several countries have regulations that do impact strategy for the region.
This report covers Southeast Asia and Chinese Taipei (also referred to as Greater Southeast Asia, or GSEA). SEA countries in this report are Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. Each has a unique personality, gamer base, spending level, and technology infrastructure.
Key takeaways from the analysis:
- PC and mobile game revenue for Southeast Asia + Chinese Taipei (also referred to as Greater Southeast Asia and GSEA) will exceed $5 billion in 2019, and is projected to pass $8.3 billion in 2023 with 320 million gamers.
- There are more than half a billion smartphone users, rising to 628 million by 2023. Roughly 40% of all smartphone users play mobile games. 5G is planned to launch in most GSEA countries in 2020, which is expected to boost mobile gaming too.
- Internet user penetration in Southeast Asia (SEA) and Chinese Taipei is projected to pass 99% by 2023, up from 77% in 2019.
- Esports is the most important driver of growth in the games industry in Asia, with an overwhelming majority of Asia’s gamers actively playing or competing in esports games.
- 90% of mobile gamers in GSEA play esports games or compete in esports.
- The region’s leading games company, Singapore-based Sea Corp’s Garena business unit, developed mobile hit Free Fire, which recently surpassed $1 billion in revenue globally and is the #1 battle royale game with more users than Fortnite and PUBG combined.
- A comprehensive analysis of the GSEA region as a whole and by individual country, including:
- Market model and 5-year forecast through 2023 for mobile games revenues and mobile gamers
- Growth drivers and trends
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis on gamer demand, demographics, behavior, operating systems and usage for mobile games
- Top games and publishers, with country detail for games lists
- Mobile internet usage, devices, OS, and payments
- Discovery and distribution
- 161 slides, 100+ data exhibits
Exhibits for each of the 7 countries in the report:
- Macroeconomic data
- Mobile games market
- Top games by download
- Top games by revenue
- Top publishes by download
- Top publishers by revenue
- Regulatory bodies
- Payment options
- Esports teams
- Gaming behavior
- Sea Corp
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/h78hbr
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900